March 12, 2015
March 3rd ＠FOODEX JAPAN 2015
Announcement of Diamond Trophy& Special Awards
Ceremony for the award winning wines
- “ Diamond Trophy” were given to exceptional wines which were reassessed among 165 items of Double Gold awarded wines. This year, 30 wines were selected for the Diamond Trophy, which were 1% of the total entry.
- “The Best Woman Winemaker” is for a female winemaker that gained the highest score. As the second-year winner, Ms. Gioia Cresti from Fattoria Carpineta Fontalpino was awarded. She is producing the wines from grapes grown in the biological vineyard in Toscany, Italy. Ms.Claire Naudin from domaine Henri Naudin in Burgandy, France, the first-year winner, conferred her the Trophy.
- Following Special awards’ Trophies were conferred to every “Grand Prix” winning wine.
“The Best Wine for Asian foods” awards for compatible wines with Asian foods such as Sushi, Tempura, Chinese, Korean, Ethnic cuisines.
“The Best Japanese Wine” for one Japanese wine received the highest score.
“The Best Wine for U30” for a wine for the younger generation under 30 years old.
“The Best Value Wine” “ The Best Cost Performance Wine” for the wines with good cost performance
- “The Best Label Design” for the wines with fashionable designs that attract women, selected from the awarded wines of the Gold Medal and higher.
FOODEX JAPAN 2015 Display of all awarded wines & Tasting exhibition
1,223 items of all award winning wines were displayed during the entire 4 days.
- The tasting exhibition of all awarded wines was held and a lot of professionals tasted them.
“SAKURA” Japan Women’s Wine Awards 2016 Schedule
Important Dates to remember
- October 1, 2019(Tue) – November 30, 2019(Sat)
- Sample Delivery
- January 10 , 2020(Fri)
- Tasting Judgement
- January 28, 2020(Tue) - January 29, 2020(Wed)
- Award Announcement
- February 14 , 2020 (Fri) on Valentine's day
- Ceremony announcing
Diamond Trophy and
- March 10 , 2020(Tue) at FOODEX JAPAN 2020